Agenda for a Regular Scheduled City Council
Meeting held at Conrad City Hall
tuesday, sEPTEMBER 17, 2019
5:30 P.M. Claim Signing.
6:00 P.M. Call meeting to order.
Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance.
Read & approve minutes of the September 3, 2019 regular meeting.
Items for Discussion and/or Action
1. Action on claims.
2. Action on any water contracts.
3. Public comment (no action taken).
4. Discussion/Action on Finance Officer Fowler’s August 2019 Finance Report, J.V. and R.V.
Reports and the Combined Balance Sheet.
5. Discussion/Action on Resolution #20-1231 – Cancel General Election.
6. Discussion/Action on Police hires.
7. Discussion/Action on Northwestern Energy Agreement.
8. Discussion/Action on Use Agreement – Little Guy Football.
9. Discussion on Swimming Pool Activity Report.
10. Executive session if necessary.
11. Any other business to come before the Council.
12. Items to appear on the next agenda.
13. Meeting adjourned.
**Reminder that October Council Meetings will be on the 8th and 22nd. **
A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING A FIVE MINUTE TIME LIMIT FOR PERSONS ADDRESSING THE CITY COUNCIL DURING THE PUBLIC COMMENT (PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS) PERIOD; PROHIBITING VULGAR, PROFANE, OR IMPERTINENT SPEECH; PROHIBITING RACIST, DISCRIMINATORY AND INCITINGLY VIOLENT SPEECH; AND ALSO LIMITING SPEECH TO MATTERS OF SIGNIFICANT INTEREST TO THE PUBLIC WITHIN THE CITY COUNCIL JURISDICTION.
WHEREAS, it is deemed necessary to maintain the proper decorum of City Council meetings to ensure a safe and orderly forum for public participation; and,
WHEREAS, the City Council Agenda provides a period for "Public Comment"(Petitions and Communications) to allow the public participation by any and all members of the public on any matter of significant interest to the public within the scope of the jurisdiction of the City Council; and,
WHEREAS, proper decorum for City Council meetings requires management of the time, place and manner of public participation while guaranteeing the content-neutrality of such regulations by: 1) establishing a reasonable time limit of five minutes for all persons speaking during the "Public Comment" (Petitions and Communications) period of the Agenda; 2) prohibiting the use of vulgar, profane or impertinent speech; 3) prohibiting racist, discriminatory and incitingly violent speech; and, 4) limiting the "Public Comment" (Petitions and Communications) period to matters of significant public interest within City Council jurisdiction.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CONRAD, MONTANA, AS FOLLOWS:
1. That each person speaking during the "Public Comment" (Petitions and Communications) period of the City Council Agenda shall be limited to five minutes unless specifically authorized to exceed such limit by the Mayor with the concurrence of the City Council; and,
2. That the use of vulgar, profane or impertinent speech is prohibited at City Council meetings; and,
3. That the use of racist, discriminatory and incitingly violent speech is prohibited at City Council meetings; and
4. That the "Public Comment" (Petitions and Communications) period shall be limited to matters of significant interest to the public and that are within the scope of the jurisdiction of the City Council.
PASSED BY THE CITY OF CONRAD COUNCIL AND APPROVED BY THE MAYOR THIS 215t DAY OF MARCH,.2011.
Request to be on Agenda
All agenda items must be to City Hall by noon on Friday before the meeting.
Someone may speak at a meeting about a non-agenda item during public comment. The Council can not take action on matters brought up under the public comment period until the item is scheduled on the Agenda for the next meeting.
Agendas will be posted outside City Hall, outside the Library and on this website.